Give someone a reason to smile this holiday season.
We are currently holding a food drive in partnership with The Idaho Foodbank.
Bring by any nonperishable food item before December 21st and you'll be entered to win 1 of 3 Sonicare or Oral-B electric toothbrushes (up to 10 entries per day allowed). Dr Smith will match dollar to pound of food donated.
Wondering what to donate?
The USDA Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends that adults and children regularly consume foods that are high in fiber, vitamins and minerals while low in calories, salt, fat, and sugar. For optimal health, everyone should aim for a diet comprised of 50% fruits and vegetables. Consider making a donation that resembles USDA's MyPlate. You can help to not just feed but nourish Idaho's hungry!
Most Needed Items:
Fruits and Vegetables
- Canned vegetables
- fruits canned in juice or extra light syrup
- 100% fruit and/or vegetable juices
- Tomato products and pasta sauces
- (reduced sodium is best!)
- Whole grain pasta
- Regular or instant brown rice
- Plain oats/oatmeal
- Whole grain cereals with low sugar
- Canola or other cooking oils
- Whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- Baking powder and baking soda
- Dried herbs and spices
- Canned or dried beans and peas
- Unsalted nuts
- Canned meats and fish (low sodium)
- Canned meals (soup, stew, chili, etc.)
- Peanut or other nut butters
- (all natural with no trans-fat is best)
- Non-fat or low-fat milk
- Milk alternatives (rice, soy, almond)
- These items must be boxed, canned or dehydrated so they are shelf-stable.
Personal Care Items
- Toilet paper
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Soap and shampoo